“May you live in interesting times” is purported to be ‘the Chinese curse’, although its origins in China are doubtful. Chinese or not, the year 2020 has seen ‘interesting times’ thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite this, many agencies have had a good year.
As 2021 approaches, what are your predictions for next year – up or down?
Did you think I was talking about the market? No! I’m talking about YOU!
Will your results be up or down in 2021?
I don’t make light of the hardship COVID-19 brought to many businesses and families, but so far real estate businesses in most places have fared reasonably well. Look around – plenty of people did well despite the pandemic.
Others, who were probably struggling pre-pandemic, continued to struggle, but the pandemic provided them with a convenient excuse.
How has the pandemic affected you? Are you heading into 2021 believing that it will be a great year for you, or are you concerned about tough economic times, thinking it will be a tough year?
The forecasters may be right in saying that the economic fallout from the pandemic will be severe, but does that mean a bad year for you?
Forecasters don’t always get it right and even if they are right on this occasion, does this mean that people won’t need to sell their properties? Does this mean that people won’t buy?
The business of real estate will continue. Future prices may be a lot lower than today’s prices, but in ANY market, properties priced at or near the market price of the day, will sell.
“You become what you think about” said Earl Nightingale. Think failure and you’ll fail. Think success and you will seek ways to succeed.
So, what does 2021 hold for you? Success or struggle? It’s largely up to you. How you think determines your actions, and your actions determine your results.
I want you to enter 2021 expecting to succeed. And I want you to define that success and plan how you will achieve it.
Now more than ever, I urge you to plan 2021. Plan to make it a hugely successful year.
- Goals – you need something good to work toward. Goals help you become immune to rejection. Without goals, you won’t have a hope.
- Plans – keep you focused on the activity necessary to win. What fee production do you need to achieve your goals? How many listings and sales per month are required to achieve that production? How many prospecting calls each day must be made to achieve your listings target?
- Affirmations – a great tool when times are tough. Affirmations help you to cement the belief that you are a success. Written 15 times a day for 21 days, a good affirmation will help you focus on winning, instead of worrying about the market.
If you want to know more about goal setting, get hold of Bill Nasby’s Path To Deliberate Creation. It’s a great goal setting program. You can order it from www.billnasby.com .
You can also read my book, Why Winners Win. It can be downloaded in eBook format or a copy can be purchased from www.pittard.com.au .
- Training – you’re either getting better or you’re getting worse. The direction you’ll go is determined by the training you do. Good training, aligned with your values and attitudes, is essential for long term success. Training will also make you ‘market proof’.
- Practice – turn knowledge into skill. Training will give you knowledge, but it’s only by practising what you learn that skill develops. You need knowledge and skill.
How 2021 treats you is up to you. You can choose to be a Market Victim, or a Market Opportunist.
Enter 2021 believing that there is opportunity for you to have your best year ever, set goals, plan, write affirmations, train and practise and success will be yours.
Up or down in 2021? Your choice.