Discipline. It’s the difference between success and failure.
Disciplined leaders produce disciplined salespeople. The team ultimately mirrors its leader.
You would be forgiven for thinking this is not correct. For example, you may have a salesperson who produces great results, but whose office is a disaster. I can think of many like this – desks a mess, time management all over the place, but they get results. How can anybody think that people like this are disciplined?
But they are disciplined at some things and this is the point.
We don’t have to be disciplined at everything, just the IMPORTANT THINGS.
Clearly, these messy salespeople are disciplined where it matters and as leaders we should be, too.
Think about the standards and actions that are important to your business. Are you and your team disciplined at the important things?
- Dynamic sales meetings that focus on results.
- Weekly training meetings – high quality real estate training that is compatible with your company’s culture.
- Monthly planning meetings.
- Yearly planning meetings that chart the company’s course for high results over the year ahead. Very important in December.
- Training and coaching individual team members to peak performance.
- Working on yourself as a leader – attending leadership conferences and seminars and reading as much as possible on the topic of leadership. Remember, your team won’t get better until you do.
- Goal setting sessions with individual team members. Only do this if you want them to focus!
- Attendance with your team at real estate training seminars every quarter. Be willing to travel for good real estate training. As a team, sit in for online webinars and, especially, webcasts (television quality). Check out Pittard TV www.pittard.tv for examples of what I mean.
- Time out to think and to plan. To keep your team focused, you have to keep each team member INTERESTED. Design eight good team results challenges each year. These stretch the team and dramatically boost the office’s results.
This is not a definitive list, but these items are all important to team success.
If you are experiencing difficulty in any of the areas I mentioned above, think about joining us for a presentation of the Agency Profit System. We teach our leaders how to bring out the best in themselves and their teams.
Nobody can teach you discipline, but they can be shining examples of disciplined people and inspire others to be disciplined too. Be this person.
Focus on the important, become disciplined in actioning tasks that are crucial to success.