What Will You Do Differently?
We are fast approaching the halfway mark of 2017. Now is a good time to reflect on your results so far. If correction is needed, the sooner you begin the better.
Are you happy with your present results and income?
If not, what will you do differently from this point onwards?
If you keep doing what you have been doing, your results for the second half of the year will be almost identical to the first half of the year. To achieve different results, you must do different actions and, often, more actions.
In some areas, real estate agents have never had it so good. Property is booming. But many agents are now aware that every market throws up different challenges – boom times are no guarantee of great success.
Many agents in booming areas have poor results, blaming stiff competition for listings or desperate agents who discount their fees.
The fact is, in ANY real estate market you cannot ‘drift’ your way to success.
- Goals – something that excites you; something to aim for.
- Clear targets that are aligned to those goals.
- Plans – always know where your listings will come from and how many people you will need to prospect.
- Marketing – agents constantly tell sellers that they must market their properties, but many of those same agents do not market their services to potential sellers in their service areas.
- Study – if you are not studying your industry, the profession of Sales, and ways to do things better, you set yourself up to fail.
- Action – speak to large numbers of potential sellers and buyers every day. Also, speak with your listed sellers at least four times per week.
If you are not happy with your results, I guarantee that you have not properly thought through a clear direction of action. Look to the list above and decide what you will do differently in the second half of this year.
Only with change comes progress and improvement. What will you do differently?